Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Books or Movies First?


Which do you prefer, to read the book and then see the movie or see the movie and then read the book? Personally, I’m a bit backwards, I prefer to see the movie and then read the book. I like this way because movies based on books give me a detailed plot summary of the story. If I enjoy the movie, chances are I will enjoy the book. (Except for with Les Misérables, as much as I enjoyed that movie, that book has like 1,000 pages! Truthfully, I just can’t see myself reading that.) However, I saw the movie Life of Pi before I had finished the book, and I think only after I knew where the story was going could I really enjoy the journey.  Ultimately, I ended up liking that book a lot more than I thought I would. Also, with The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I saw that movie before I read the book, and I adore them both. Overall, I feel the reason I like this is that being able to see the characters before I really know much about them makes me care more about their stories than when I know everything about them right away. In other news, I am very excited for the new Gatsby movie, and I actually read that book first, thanks Ms. DeBlasio :)

 

Gatsby Trailer Link:


P.S. Yes Gatsby, I do think it’s too much.

--Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment